Netcetera adheres to high standards of data protection of personal data collection and processing.
In this notice, when we talk about personal data we mean any information that relates to an identifiable natural person.
For the purpose of this Privacy Notice the controller of your personal data is:
What types of personal data do we collect?
Netcetera will, depending on the product or service we provide to you, collect and process personal data about you including:
- Browsing Information: IP address & User-Agent
Please note that without this personal data we may not be in a position to provide you with our products and services.
What is the purpose and the legal grounds for processing your personal data?
We always process your personal data for a specific purpose and only process the personal data relevant to achieve that purpose.
We process your personal data based on the following legal grounds for:
- the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract,
- compliance with a legal and regulatory obligations to which we are subject;
- the purposes of our legitimate interests.
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- Managing our relationship with you, including communicating with you in relation to our products and services (for example, when you register for an event or send us a message).
- Providing and improving our products and services.
- Meeting our legal and regulatory obligations.
Who do we share your personal data with?
Sometimes we share your personal data with third parties, including other companies or offices of Netcetera in connection with our business strategy and where necessary for us to provide you with our products and services.
We also ask third party service providers to carry out certain business functions for us such as marketing service providers, consultants and accountants, and any prospective buyers of Netcetera and its related businesses. We take steps to ensure they meet our confidentiality and data security standards, so that your personal data remains secure.
We may disclose personal data to public authorities, regulators or governmental bodies when required by law or regulation or if an authority or governmental body has issued an order requesting such personal data from us. Before we provide the information, we will inform you if the applicable law allows us to do so.
We store and process your personal data on servers located within Switzerland, the European Economic Area (the “EEA”) and the US.
If you would like to find out more about the appropriate safeguards that we have in place to govern the transfer of your personal data you can contact us at email@example.com.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We only store personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected or to comply with legal or official requirements.
How do we keep your personal data secure?
We have in place appropriate technical and organisational measures to prevent unauthorized or unlawful access to the personal data you have provided to us. As complete data security cannot be guaranteed for communication via e-mails, instant messaging, and similar means of communication, we would recommend sending any particularly confidential information by an alternative secure means.
What are your privacy rights and how can you exercise them?
You have the right to:
- access your personal data and to be provided with certain information in relation to it, such as the purpose for which it is processed, the persons to whom it is disclosed and the period for which it will be stored;
- require us to correct any inaccuracies in your personal data without undue delay;
- require us to erase your personal data;
- require us to restrict processing of your personal data;
- receive the personal data which you have provided to us, in a machine readable format
Please note that these rights are not absolute and are subject to certain exemptions under applicable data protection law.
If you have any questions or would like to exercise any of your rights please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not satisfied with Netcetera’s response, you have the right to make a complaint to the data protection authority in the jurisdiction where you live or work, or in the place where you believe an issue in relation to your data has arisen.